Miller Models is very proud to introduce the Airtronics SD-10G. Skip
Miller and Cody Remington worked very closely with Airtronics,
and Global Hobbies Mike Greenshields to help develop the perfect 10
channel radio for sailplane pilots. We made sure the radio had a
complete line of top end sailplane features with full range at
competition distance. The radio is incredibly simple to program yet
amazingly powerful. We received the proto-type radio with
out instructions, and it took us 2 hours to figure out all of
the radios advanced functions. The price is absolutely amazing!
SD-10G 2.4Ghz 10 Channel Aircraft Radio Set for Sailplanes, Power planes, and Helicopters.
The SD-10G is an all-out, high performance radio designed to give every modeler, sport or competition pilot, a radio that is easy to use, powerful, flexible for any application, and yet very affordable. Airtronics has found success with this amazing radio.
Absolutely the FASTEST These latency findings were taken using carefully constructed and consistent methods to ensure they are as accurate as possible. As of May 2009
Futaba 10C (Futaba is a Trademark of Futaba Corporation and Dist by Great Planes):
JR 9303 & R1221rx (JR is a Trademark of JR Radios Japan and Dist by Horizon Hobby)
- Min: 25ms
- Max: 47ms
- Ave: 36ms
The SD-10G includes the Transmitter, Receiver, Transmitter Battery, Charger, Switch-Harness, Servo Extension, and Manual.
- Min: 21.5ms
- Max: 43.5ms
- Ave: 32.5ms
Available aftermarket are servos, lithium transmitter battery, stick extension ends, trainer cord, memory expansion card, and USB computer interface program and patch cord.
If you're looking for a radio that does it all and yet is affordable for all, look no further. The SD-10G is the one to get.
SD-10G - 2.4Ghz FHSS 10Ch Radio Set (TX/RX - No SX)
- 10 Channel Computer Radio With Advanced Programming for Competition Helicopters, Sailplanes, And Powered Aircraft.
- Compatible With All Airtronics 2.4GHz FHSS Aircraft Receivers
- System Includes 6-cell 1500mAh Ni-MH TX Battery And Charger
- Transmitter Is Compatible With Lithium 2 Cell Batteries
- Full Range 92104 10Ch 2.4GHz Receiver Included
- Ball Race Supported Gimbals With Adjustable Springs And Adjustable Throttle Ratchet
- Unique “Direct Model Select” Allows Selection of 3 Favored Models Without Entering the Computer
- Stick Mode 1, 2, 3, and 4 Are Available And Easily Selected By User (Default Is Mode 2)
- Telescoping Transmitter Antenna for Increased Range When Needed. Retractable for Storage And Park-Flier And Indoor Use
- 5 Complete Flight Modes (Helicopter, Sailplane, and Aircraft)
- Flight Modes Can Be Named
- 3-axis Triple Rates And Triple Expo With Unique Adjustment in Each Direction of Travel
- All Switches Are 3 Position Switches
- Proportional Side Sliders With Center Detent
- 100% Completely Assignable Switches
- 20 Model Memory with After-market Sanwa Card to Provide Memory for 20 Additional Models
- Model Setups Can Be Shared On-line and Firmware Updates Available On-line With Use of Airtronics USB Cable and Program (available separately)
- 5 C-Mixes with 9 Point Curves and Graphs
- Customizable Menu
- Simple Wing, Swash, And Model Templates For Easy Model Setup
- Easy Navigation, Spreadsheet-Like Menu For Control Surface/Swash Adjustments
- Complete Trim Authority And Sensitivity Adjustments and Cross Trims
- Easily Activated and Inhibited Inc/Dec Switch Allows The Pilot to Adjust Mixing Ratios In-Flight
- Failsafe Programming Available On All Channels
- Multi-Function Timer
- Advanced Trainer Functions (Trainer Only Available on SD-10G to SD-10G)
The Radios Menus:
The SD-10G was set up to be a very simple to program yet powerful radio. They did this by separating the menus into three main sections. The system menu, the surface menu, and the f-mode menu (please see below for full list of features in each menu). They also added a menu called the custom menu, which allows you to add any item you want to that menu.
System: This Menu has all the main radio functions
1. User Name: Lets you put your name in the radio
2. Model Name: Lets you name your model
3. Model Select: Lets you choice between your models
4. Direct Model Select: This is a cool feature. It allows you to select 3 of you favorite model that can be quickly selected with 3 buttons on the face of the radio.
5.Type: Allows you to choice between glider, heli, or aero. In glider it allows you to choice between any combination of 6 or 4 servo wings, between delta wing or normal, or v-tails. In Aero it allows you to choice between delta wing or normal, 1 or 2 aileron, 1 or 2 flaps, v-tail or normal, or 1 or two throttle. In Heli it allows you to choice between multiple swash types and directions.
6. Modulation: This allows you to choice between the different modulations, allows you to set a link number which will keep each receiver assigned to a number so you cant turn on the wrong program for a model. It also allows you to bind the TX and RX.
7. Low Power Mode: Allows you to range check the model
8. Failsafe: Allows you to set up a fail safe for each model
9. Battery Failsafe: Allows you to set the voltage the RX will go into failsafe.
10. Trainer: Let you turn on the trainer
11. Mode Setup: Allows you to set the mode and recalibrate the sticks.
12. Channel Assign: This is a cool feature. This allows you to set up what channel you want to work for what on the RX. So you can choose what channel you want EL, RU, RA, etc. on
13. Switch assign: Allows you to choice the function of each 3 position switch.
14. Stick switch: Allows you to set the position of the stick that you would like it to switch into a flight mode if you have a flight mode set up on a switch.
15. Timer: Allows you to set up different timers in the radio.
16. Data Copy: Allows you to copy a program onto another slot.
17. Data Rest: Allows you to reset a program.
18. Data Transfer: Allows you to save programs to you computer, or take programs off your computer to your radio.
19. Contrast: Allow you to set the contrast on the screen.
20. Click: Allows you to turn on and off the click
21. Alarm: Allows you to turn on and off alarms if a flight mode is on that you don't want on, or if you leave on the TX.
22. Top Menu Arrange: Allows you to set up what you would like to see on the main screen.
23. Custom Menu: Allows you to add any item to this menu just by scrolling to it and pushing yes. This can be put on the main screen with the top menu arrange menu.
24. Memory Pack: Allows you to look at the expandable memory and see what you have in there.
25. System Information: Allows you to look at what software you have, and update it through the computer.
Surface: This menu is a quick easy to use chart that changes the reversing, centering, EPA, and limits of the servos. It is set up like the RDS 8000 menu and is very nice.
F-mode: This menu has all the mixing and advanced features of the radio. It changes when you change between sailplane, Acro, or Heli. This will go over the Glider menu.
1. SX Monitor: This allows you to look at what the servo would be doing. So you can add mixes and make sure they worked with out turning on the plane.
2. Stick monitor. Allows you to see what percentage the stick is being moved.
3. Dual Rates: Allows you to select 3 different dual rates for the five different flight models, and a different rate for up and down. There is a graph in this menu to show what you are actually doing.
4. Expo: Allows you to choice 3 different Expo rates for up and down for the 5 different flight modes.
5. Aileron Differential: Allows you to choice the differential for the five different flight modes.
6. Landing: Allows you to set the point the flaps start coming down with the flap freeze point, allows you to set up to a 9 point crow, and allows you to set landing differential.
7. Camber: Allows you to set up the camber percentage and present for the 5 different flight modes.
8. Camber point: This allows you to set where you want the default position of the camber. So if you are using a slider you can chose the default position of the camber slider on top so you only can use camber for the slider, in the middle so you can have camber and reflex on the slider, or on the bottom. Or you can reverse it so if the slider goes up it adds camber.
9. Channel Delay: Allows you to set delays on the channels.
10. Trim: Allows you to change the digital trims with the percentage manually.
11. Trim Step: Allows you to change how effect the trim is.
12. Trim Auth: Allows you to change the trim authority of the camber in the 5 different flight modes.
13. Crosstrim: Allows you to changed where the trims are.
14. Mixing: This has all the special mixing, each one can be different for every different flight mode. See below for all of them.
A. AI to RU 1
B. AI to RU 2
C. AI to RU 3
D. AI to FL 1
E. AI to FL 2
F. FL to EL This is up to a 9 point curve, and has a cool graph to see what your actually changing.
G. RU to AI
H. GE to EL
I. MT to EL
J. CB to EL This is up to a 9 point curve, and has a cool graph to see what your actually changing.
K. EL to CB This is up to a 9 point curve, and has a cool graph to see what your actually changing.
15. C-mix: There are 5 different C-mixes that allow you to mix any one function to another. All these have a 9 point curve as well.
16. VR Assign: This allows you to select what switch slider or stick you want the camber, flap, motor, AUX 1, AUX 2, or AUX 3.
17. F-mode Copy: This allows you to copy any flight mode to another. It really saves time when setting up a complicated model.
18. F-mode Delay: Allows you to set delays on the channels.
19. F-mode Name: Allows you to change the name of a F-mode.