Are you ready to move beyond the limitations of 2-axis "bank
and yank" slope aerobatics? If so, Le Fish is ready to take you
to the next level!
Inspired in equal parts by fullscale aerobatics gliders, the
French VTPR phenomenon, and the desire for an EPP glider capable
of unlimited aerobatics performance, this original design by Steve
Lange introduces a straight leading edge planform combined with
ultra-durable American-born EPP construction techniques that's
a whole lot of fun for intermediate through expert pilots.
The state-of-the-art SB96V and SB96VS airfoils provide excellent
aerobatic performance both upright and inverted. Full span flaperons
make for a great roll rate and allow true "4-axis" flying for
those so inclined.
Le Fish is extremely neutral in all axes and has great energy
retention and significant rudder authority. You'll be able to
do every glider aerobatics figure in the book, as well as many
Never again believe someone who claims that "slopers can't fly
knife edge." Le Fish can and does, and when given sufficient speed
is capable of sustaining long and pleasing knife edge passes with
Le Fish incorporates Leading Edge Gliders' pioneering EPP construction
techniques, making for a fast and true build that "falls together"
like a kit should. When combined with "best practices" EPP build
techniques such as the use of thinned Goop, Solartex, and Ultracote,
Le Fish will assemble into an extremely durable slope aerobatics
glider that can take the sort of abuse hardcore slope pilots dish
- Wingspan - 66"
- Weight - 34-37 oz.
- Wing Area - 520 sq.in.
- Wingloading - 10-11 oz./sq.ft.
- Number of Channels - 4
- Flaperon (x2)
- Unlimited-class glider aerobatics capability
- "Fish"-shaped fuselage for sustained knife edge flight
- Giant flaperons for excellent roll rate and 4-axis flying
- Blend of airfoils provides great inverted performance and
versatile all-round capability
- Legendary EPP durability
- Leading Edge Gliders' proven EPP construction techniques and
Recommended Radio Gear:
- Flaperon mixing
- Snapflap mixing
- Dual rates
- Optional: Self-centering throttle stick for 4 axis
- Flaperons: 2 x ION A-175 or equivalent
- Rudder & Elevator: ION A-175
- Receiver: Standard sized
- Battery Pack: 6V (5 cell) NiMH flat pack (approx.
5-6 oz. total weight)
Acrobatic flying with Le Fish, NE Bowl of Mt Elden, AZ from Dawson Henderson on Vimeo.